Total Recipe Time: 31-60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Marinating Time: 8-12hrs
Cook Time: 45mins
- 4 Manor Farm chicken legs
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 250ml coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g of fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons of soft brown sugar
- 2 limes, zested and quartered
- 200g basmati rice
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and set aside. In a food processor, whizz the ginger, fish sauce, coconut milk, garlic, half the coriander, sugar and lime zest to a fine paste.
- Tip the coconut mixture over the chicken and mix to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes, or to chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius & bake the chicken for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the rice in a small pan and cover with water. Cover, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 6 minutes, or until cooked. Drain and stir through the remaining coriander. Serve with the chicken and lime wedges for squeezing over.