Total Recipe Time: 31-60 minutes
Prep Time: 5 mins
Marinating Time: 8-12hrs
Cook Time: 45-50 mins
- 1 oven ready Spatchcock Manor Farm chicken (your butcher can cut this up for you)
- 2 dessertspoons of oil
For the Marinade
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 chopped red chilli
- 2-3 black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 300ml lager
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together, blend in the food processor and pour the marinade onto the chicken and if possible leave the chicken sitting in the marinade for up to 8-12 hours prior to cooking it.
- Cook the chicken for 7-10 minutes each side on the hottest part of the barbecue and then transfer it to the outer side of the barbecue where it can cook over a more gentle heat for a further 30-40 minutes. This time will depend largely on your own barbecue as they are all different.
- Baste the chicken with additional marinade during the cooking process.
- Ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving it.