Buffalo Chicken Burgers
400g Manor Farm chicken mince
40g Hot Sauce
1 carrot grated
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
3 brioche buns
Blue Cheese dip
100g (4oz) blue cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp mayonnaise (homemade or shop-bought)
4 tbsp sour cream
4 tbsp buttermilk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- To make the blue cheese dip, blend all the ingredients together except the parsley in a bowl with a hand blender, then stir in the parsley and season to taste. Cover with cling film, then place in the fridge. This can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- For the burger gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl, be careful not to over mix. Cover the bowl with cling film, place in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes. This can be made the night before.
- Heat your grill (or grill pan) to medium-high heat.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator, divide the meat into thirds, and form burgers. Season with sea salt on both sides.
- Grill the burgers for 10-12 minutes per side (depending on the burger thickness)
- Serve the burgers on the brioche buns, with some dressed mixed salad and blue cheese sauce.