Something different for those cold nights. The smell this leaves in your kitchen is amazing.
8 boneless chicken thighs
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons butter
For the orange glaze.
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
250mls of freshly squeezed orange juice
200ml of chicken stock
2tbsp of honey
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 200oC
- Start with the chicken thighs by seasoning them with the salt and pepper and oregano. Seal on a hot pan with some olive oil until you get a nice colour. Remove from the pan and place into a tray into the oven to cook for 10-15mins.
- While the chicken is in the oven make the sauce in the pan by combining all the ingredients together and simmering until it becomes thickened and sticky. Add the cooked chicken thighs to pan and allow them to glaze in the sauce for 2-5mins.
- Serve it up with some boiled basmati rice, some greens and enjoy.
- Put a dish towel or damp paper towel under your cutting board to keep it from slipping and wobbling.
- Use a spoon to peel a kiwi from the inside out.
- Grate frozen butter straight into pastry dough for fast, even distribution.
- Coat your cheese grater with nonstick spray for delightfully clean, easy shredding.
- Microwave lemons and limes to get more juice out.
- Peel a whole head of garlic by shaking it really hard in two bowls.
- Pit cherries with a paper clip.
- Whip cream by shaking it in