4 chicken thighs
4 chicken drumsticks
4 streaky rashers
1 onion diced
3 cloves of garlic crushed
400g of chestnut mushrooms
1 glass of dry white wine
1 wine glass of chicken stock
1 tbsp of whole grain mustard
1/2 a wine glass of cream
Chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt and pepper
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large casserole pan, add in some oil over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it’s well browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until the fat begins to render, and crisp up.
- Add the onion and sauté until it becomes softened. Add the garlic and mushrooms, and sauté until the mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Pour the wine into the pan, stir in the mustard and reduce over a high heat. Add the stock and now simmer.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is almost fully cooked, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and finish with the cream. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and finish with the parsley. Serve with rice or mash potatoes.