1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
2. To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a large frying pan over a low heat and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft.
Stir in the thyme, parsley and breadcrumbs. Stir in enough milk to make the stuffing moist. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the stuffing inside the chicken and tie the legs together.
4. Stir together the softened butter, parsley, salt and pepper. Rub all over the chicken.
5. Place the chicken, breast side up, into the roasting pan. Roast in the oven for 60-70 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. While the chicken is resting, stir together the melted butter and flour for the gravy. Heat the pan with the roasting juices over a medium heat on the cooker.
7. Whisk in the melted butter mixture until combined, then whisk in the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until thickened. Season to taste, then serve with the roasted chicken and stuffing.
Per Serving 692kcals, 29g fat (15g saturated), 25.7g carbs, 3.6g sugars, 77.9g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.71g sodium