Total Recipe Time: 31-60 minutes
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 400g chicken mince
- 4 red good sized peppers, halved from stem to base, de-seeded
- 100g Panko breadcrumbs
- 105g good quality grated cheddar cheese, divided 35g & 70g
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 Tsp. dried leaves
- 2 Tsp. white flour
- 1/4 Tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Olive oil divided 1tsp
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan / 220°C / Gas 6.
- Fry off the chicken mince in a little oil until fully cooked, drain, and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the panko, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, olive oil and 35g of the shredded cheese, plus olives.
- Use your fingers to rub the crumbs and cheese together until the bits of cheese are about the size of the larger crumbs. Set aside.
- In a second bowl combine the cooked chicken mince, thyme, 75g cheese and the flour.
- Brush the outsides of the peppers lightly with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Arrange them on a baking tray and fill each half of pepper with approximately 3tbsp of the chicken filling and then top each with about 1 tablespoon of the crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken mix is heated through thoroughly and the crumb on top is golden brown.