Total Recipe Time: 21-30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 400g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 120g fresh breadcrumbs
- 70g barbecue sauce – split into 2 portions of 35g
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chives & basil leaves
- 2 tbsp thyme & tarragon
- 2 tbsp sage & parsley
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan / 170°C / Gas 5
- Combine mince, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, herbs and half the barbecue sauce in a bowl.
- Shape into eight 2cm-thick rissoles (should look like flat meatball shape).
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Cook rissoles for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until browned.
- Transfer to a baking tray
- Brush barbeque sauce over the top of each rissole – save some sauce!!
- Place into the oven and cook for approx. 20-25 minutes or until cooked fully
- Baste the rissoles with remaining barbeque sauce half way through cooking.