Total Recipe Time: 11-20 minutes
250g Manor Farm Chicken pieces...
170g brown-rice or regular banh pho (Vietnamese wide rice noodles)
830ml of chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 inches of stick cinnamon
1 inch piece fresh ginger, sliced and cut into strips
1 star anise
3 green onions, trimmed and cut into thin 1-inch strips
340g of shredded pak choi
Small handfull of fresh basil, chopped
Sliced fresh jalapeno chile peppers or Asian chili sauce
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine broth, soy sauce, cinnamon, ginger, and star anise. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
3. Add green onions & simmer, uncovered, again for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken; simmer, uncovered, for a further minute more. Remove and discard the cinnamon and star anise.
5. Divide cooked noodles among soup bowls. Ladle broth mixture over noodles. Serve with pak choi, herbs, jalapeno peppers (if desired) and lime wedges.