1. Place the chicken bones in an oven at 210ᵒC until brown.
2. In a pot put the roughly chopped onion carrot and celery.
3. Also add the lemon grass, bay leaf, ginger and black peppercorns.
4. Add the chicken bones when dark brown.
5. Add the water and bring the pot on a boil.
6. Once the stock begins to boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for at least 3 hrs.
7. Skim the stock regularly during the 3 hrs to remove all impurities.
8. After 3 hrs strain the stock and put in a pot to reduce and intensify the flavour..
9. Reduce the stock till the desirable flavour is achieved.
10. Once the stock is ready , begin to heat up oil in a pot.
11. Sauté the diced carrot celery and leeks.
12. After 1 minute add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
13. Then add the chicken stock.
14. Bring to the boil and add the shitake mushroom.
15. Simmer for 2 minutes and add the tender stem broccoli, mangetout and the cooked chicken.
16. Simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes and remove from heat.
17. Precooked egg noodles can be added at this stage.
18. Finish by adding the freshly chopped coriander and lime juice.