Total Recipe Time: One Hour +
For the lemon & herb butter:
- 40g butter, room temp
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed & finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the chicken and vegetables:
- 1 Manor Farm Omega 3 chicken
- 1 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into batons
- 1 vine cherry tomatoes
- 2 bulbs of garlic, cut in half horizontally
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 8-10 sprigs fresh thyme
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan assisted.
For lemon and herb butter, place butter in a small bowl then use a strong fork to mash and soften. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together. Set aside.
To spatchcock, the chicken, place it breast side down with the legs facing towards you. Use clean, strong and sharp kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone, remove this. Flip the chicken over and spread it open. To flatten it completely, break the breastbone by pressing down on it with the heel of your hand.
Place the spatchcocked chicken on a large baking tray lined with tinfoil. Rub the butter mixture evenly all over the chicken, then place in the preheated oven to cook for 45 minutes per/kg, plus an extra 20 minutes (approximately).
For the vegetables, arrange vegetables in a large baking dish. Nestle the garlic between them, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the sprigs of thyme over the vegetables. Place in the oven to cook the chicken when the chicken has 20 minutes left to cook.
Check that the chicken is cooked through before serving. If you have a meat thermometer, it should read an internal temperature of 165°C in the thickest part of the breast.
Serve and enjoy.