Total Recipe Time: 11-20 minutes
8 Manor Farm mini chicken fillets.
1 teaspoon of salt....
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
50g plain flour.
3 large eggs, beaten.
50g Parmesan, grated.
1 teaspoon of oregano.
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
220g Mozzzarella, sliced.
Small handful of Basil leaves.
2 plum tomatoes thinly sliced into rounds.
For Sundried Tomato Pesto:
250g sundried tomatoes.
Handful of basil leaves.
40g Parmesan cheese.
1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
1. To make the pesto - place the tomatoes and their oil into a food processor along with the basil leaves, parmesan and salt. Process all ingredients to combine.
2. To make the Sandwich - season the chicken with salt and pepper and half by cutting horizontally.
3. Place the flour into one bowl, the eggs into a second and combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs and oregano in a third.
4. In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat. Dip the chicken into the flour, before dipping into the egg and finally into the breadcrumb mixture. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 mintes.
5. Flip chicken over and place a mozarella slice over the top of the chicken, cook for a further 3-4 minutes until fully cooked.
6.Toast the ciabattas in a toaster or under a grill.
7. Remove chicken from pan and onto the ciabatta. Layer some tomato-pesto over the top of each piece of chicken. Add slices of plum toamto over the pesto and finally a further layer of mozzarella.