Total Recipe Time: 21-30 minutes
- 3 to 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce,
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce,
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil,
- 1 x 400g pack Manor Farm Chicken Mince,
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil, divided,
- 8 mushrooms, chopped small,
- 1/2 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped,
- 3 cloves of minced garlic,
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger,
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions,
- 2 small heads cos/gem lettuce.
Preparation / Cooking Steps:
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry the Manor Farm Chicken Mince until cooked (7- 8 minutes). Break up chicken as you cook. Transfer to a clean bowl.
- With the remaining oil in the pan cook the mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger as required until tender (4-5 minutes).
- Transfer the cooked chicken back to the pan with vegetables and half of the scallions.
- Pour sauce over the top of the chicken mixture and stir to coat. Cook until you hear bubbling and sauce is warmed through, (30 to 60 seconds). Taste mixture and add hoisin sauce if required.
- Break off lettuce leaves and arrange on a plate with remaining scallions.
- To serve place a spoonful of chicken mixture in the middle of a lettuce leaf.